Mathew Steel

Stronghold Crusader/Extreme, 13th September

?Game: Stronghold Crusader (Maybe Extreme depending on other members)

?Version: 1.2/1.2.1

?Maximum Participants: 4

?Current Participants (13th September):

-Mathew Steel

-EaglePrince

?Other Information:

1.GameRanger Room Name: StrongholdNation

2.GameRanger Password: shn

3.Map: Unknown

Global Start Times:

1.18:00 (6:00 PM) GMT +1 - London, United Kingdom

2.13:00 (1:00 PM) EST - North America

3.10:00 (10:00 AM) PDT - Vancouver, Canada

4.19:00 (7:00 PM) CEST - Belgrade, Serbia

Note: This match will be against AI opponents.

Edited by Mathew Steel

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

You can count me in. :)

By the way, I have edited Extreme map The Host. I will post that version later today at downloads section. I removed all outposts from the map, and I moved one keep from the island to the southern coast. We could play that - my idea was us to be north of the river.

We could play the same map we played yesterday, but I came to this idea because this way we would be closer to each other, and we would be able easier to work together.

I feel like Vetka didn't like his position yesterday. :(

Also, we could create a whole new map as well, where one of us would be under constant attacks, while others would be behind helping him.

I do realise this is a Crusader event, not Crusader extreme, but if we could have more participants with Extreme, we could play that. We don't have to use powers at all, and also, we wouldn't be limited with army size for example.

I also hope Chris will manage to fix his problem with Crusader. :)

If you would like to make a new map that would be great! I myself aren't very good with Crusader maps. I changed the server options too. It is now Crusader/Extreme depending on how many members we have to play.

For now I have that edited The Host map.

I'll see if I'm gonna be able to create a new map, as I still have a lot of work to do. I passed that exam, but now I have another task to do at the universiti.

Nevertheless, if I find some time, I would definitely create one, or at least edit one of the old or original ones ones.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I'm not sure if I will be able to play, I would like to make sure my pc is properly setup for it. I still have to reinstall Crusader 1.2 non HD.

I would be more than happy to make a map for you guys, if you were to take Anderton and Burveek and give me what you like in both maps and what you would like in a new map, maybe I could make something favorable to most players. I still want to make a map in 1.2 then move it into Extreme without the outposts and the power bar, just need some time, Fall is in the air!

I had no problem with the spot I was in, it was hard but OK, you had that spot the last time we played, it was a little easier because the AI had a lot less gold to start with, the spot you had was hard as well, Mathew tucked in between us was good he even sent some troops over to help me when it got a little difficult, to bad about the loss of connection.

Thanks, Chris! :)

Both of those two maps are great! But, if you ask what's that we would like to see in some newer map (to fight the AI lords), then I think that a map similar to Anderton would be great. The only differences I would ask for it that the one player which is on the southern hill not to be on a hill, but on the same level as most of the map. Than that position would be more challenging, because this way catapults almost always miss their targets. Still, I wouldn't like that to be entirely flat - some smaller trench or something like that could be fitting there. Those trenches on Anderton are really great - they really made my fight against Caliph a lot harder while playing the game few days ago.

Also, a map on which one player would be in front of the two of his allies would be really nice. :)

Edited by EaglePrince

I do believe I will be able to play today, it will have to be an Extreme game though, I have not reinstalled Crusader 1.2 yet, sorry.

I have been making some changes to the Anderton map if that would suit you we could try that same arrangement with the new version. I just sent it to EaglePrince I could send it to you if you like.

I've just taken a look at the new version of the map. I like it, and I am sure we'll be having a lot of fun.

Previous time we were fighting against Lionheart and Caliph, so we had to defend from heavy armored troops, and to watch over our castle not be set to fire. Vetkas suggestions was to play against Arabian lords today, and I agree with him. I think fighting against Wazirs will be fun, as he will be sending lots of horse archers to attack us, and he will be trying to burn our castles and economy.

I'm expecting a great battle!

Sorry I can't be joining, I still haven't had the chance to reinstall my game as I've been quite busy on the site. Hopefully I'll get it done soon and then I'll let you all know when :)

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

Just so you guys know the game will be a bit later an hour later is that okay?

I am the one who came an hour late previous time, so I have no right to complain. :) I only hope that Vetka will be able to play then, as it is morning in Vancouver.

Sorry I can't be joining, I still haven't had the chance to reinstall my game as I've been quite busy on the site. Hopefully I'll get it done soon and then I'll let you all know when smile

I understand. Still, I look forward to all four of us play a game against AI lords, or anything else.

No sorry I can't do that, I'm already taking time from my work that I have to get done, another hour means almost 3 hours from now before I could get outside and work.

I agree with @Lord Vetka. I do think it was unfair dropping in ten minutes to the event stating the time was changed when no-one knew prior.

Useful Articles

Ahh I'm sorry to hear that Chris. Hopefully we can play soon:)

I apologise for the inconvenience I only found out now I wouldn't be able to make it I really am sorry for this. It's annoying I know and I'll try to find out sooner in future :(

Edited by Mathew Steel

Well, it is the fact that you cannot predict everything. ;)

I know, I was late for my own gaming event last time. Also, whenever you have some obligations, those obligations should come first - then the game. Only it's fair that, if you are able, to let us know. Also, no harms was done - the only difference was that Vetka and played alone, although we would both be glad to play with you as well.

Feel free to make another event. Next week I'm working in the morning, so I will mostly be able to play in the evening.

You shouldn't feel bad, if this was something you we're not able to predict.

Fair enough, obligations in real life should come first. And I can understand how you often don't have/lose track of time. I also understand how things can suddenly come upon us, though I still do think that it was short notice, but I'll leave it at that.

I'm sure you'll let us know earlier next time :)

Useful Articles

I thank you all for understanding. I swear if I could have let you known sooner I would've. Can't predict some people haha, anyway I apologise again