Nigel

Skirmish Trail : show your success

Well, I suppose we should have one of these.

A thread where we can brag - and of course compliment each other - about our progress along the Skirmish Trail.

I will start this off by reporting that I have "Survived the Baptism" today - the first of 6 consecutive Skirmish Trails.

2014-10-01_00007.thumb.jpg.dda608055b5219de96900343134162dc.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And today, 12th October 2014, 19 days after launch of the game, xiiMaRcLeon completed the Trial as the first member of StrongholdNation to do so.

Edited by Nigel

I'm one the 3 campaign 4 mission. And progression nice by the king looks down.

ogZz7e0.jpg

O2aZ9pz.jpg

Edited by xiiMaRcLeoN

I am glad you made this or I wouldn't have bothered playing it :)

I started this 40 minutes ago nearly and have completed the first 2 missions. I must admit, it's proving harder than I thought but it's a good way to improve your skills on the game :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Well, it was good for improving skills in Crusader 1 as well. When you play your own skirmish games you tend to setup games you know you will be able to win, while this way you manage to win some games that you might give up otherwise thinking it was a mission impossible. :)

I take it that from the screenshot @xiiMaRcLeoN posted, the troop limit is 333?

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

It is different with how many players or AI's you play the game.

We were 3 player on the map it was 333 when you play against 1 you have a troop limit of 500. When you kill enemies the count goes up.

That's right, but it depends of how many players there are, I think.

When you kill enemies the count goes up.

Does it go up by 333, or only up to 500?

I mean, both of those are good, only it would be interesting if the one who kills the opponent gets more troops. :)

Edited by EaglePrince

Everyone gets more troops to make because someone died. And it depends on how many AI's or other players are on the map.

Example: 4 players troop count: 250. One gets killed count goes up: 333. Two other AI dies count goes up: 500

2 Player: Count 500

3 Player: Count 333

4 Player: Count 250

5 Player: Count 200

6 Player: Count 166

7 Player: Count 142

8 Player: Count 120

Count = Troops

Edited by xiiMaRcLeoN

hehe, this sounds like they have arranged it so that the max of troops on the map is always 1000 if all lords max out their armies.

By the way, I renamed the thread title from bragging to show your success. That sounds a bit more decent and civilized for our chivalreous community. All the same, we can show proudly here what we achieve :P

Good going, xiiMaRcLeoN !

You might be the first of us to make it to the end.

Edited by Nigel

If we get several more relevant replies I (or maybe another mod) will make it sticky.

Note the word relevant. No off-topic stuff that could go in the Inn ;)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Congratulations on finishing the third trail, from my experience the trails can be hard at times!

I would make this a sticky but I don't know how, had a look to figure it out but...

OK, well that was to easy, just have to look in the right place, topic is stickied!

Nice picture :)

A very interesting image, too. Is that a fog-of-war, that I see on the mini-map?

Or am I interpreting this wrongly?

This week I am starting on the second part of the Trail, the Breath Of The Infidel.

In the first mission, I will be teamed up with the Sultana against the Slave King and two Rats.

Having been brought up to behave like a gentleman, I shall to my best to protect the Sultana and make sure that we both survive this mission.

We shall see, if I will be able to achieve that.

1274375050_2014-10-05_AllianceBOTITrial.thumb.jpg.712e68104f4f1affa2fe81a3d6b08470.jpg

Edited by Nigel

Yes, I made it and both the Sultana and I jointly stormed the castle of the last remaining Rat. :)

I have to confess that I was not entirely unselfish, when I vowed to protect the Sultana in this mission. There is a Steam achievement, the Loyal Companion, attached to this mission, which you get if your ally survives the match with you.

But to be honest, I was struggling at the beginning of this mission and in fact it was the Sultana, who came to my rescue. She saved my neck more than once in this battle and really it should be her who gets this achievement :D

Whow - you got them all against you.

Only the Shah and the Rat have gone on vacation :lol:

GOOD LUCK