EaglePrince

Your toughts of new Internet Explorer

We all know how Internet Explored became unpopular at some moment, and now, although many say it became much better, people are sceptical, and they mostly won't accept that.

What are your tought of it?

I do agree that it used to take more time to start before, but it seems nice to me at this moment, and appears to be quite optimized, and pages load pretty fast.

By the way, I've got feeling that Stronghold Nation does work the best with Internet Explored. :D

Me and my friends have just had the exact same argument last week over browsers... :)

I think Internet Explorer is probably the best browser, it's certainly the least complex and in my opinion, it looks the best as well. Pages seem to load a lot faster on it for me.

Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera - they are good, but just don't have the same feel for me, I don't know why.

It isn't as slow as IE 10, which is a good thing, and everything is square and rectangular which at first was annoying - but I have Windows 8 which is exactly the same, so I think over time I must have just got used to how square it is.

By the way, I've got feeling that Stronghold Nation does work the best with Internet Explored.

That's because that's what I use, and I've created it using IE. I have done a couple of other checks in the other browsers, but IE has the best compatibility.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I believe it has to pass some time, until some more people get back to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately it is easier to get bad reputation, that to fix that bad reputation, and prove you're in fact good now.

Besides those things you said - this computer of mine is an older one: 2GB RAM, and AMD Athlon 2.21 GHz processor, and it seems like it works smoother than Mozilla and Chrome. I can see those if I play few videos on YouTube for example.

so I think over time I must have just got used to how square it is.

Well, it's always about that. :) I also like how it looks, and I must say - I like those squares. Speaking of Mozilla for example - I liked it more when it ised to have rectangular tabs (version 12 for example), and the way it looks right now (version 32).

Right now I have also installed ieSpell, so I'm gonna see how IE works with that as well. :)

I use Firefox because I never liked IE I just didn't like the design when I open a website. And Firefox is faster for me. And has IE 11 addons?.

But this site runs perfect with Firefox it loads my site in under a second.

Edited by xiiMaRcLeoN

I have always used IE. It's simple, averagely fast and probably the safest to use. A lot of people claim that Chrome allows you to download files quicker. Which just isn't true. I've tested it 3 times against IE with 3 different PC's and the speed was more or less the same for each PC.

Im not saying Chrome, Firefox etc are bad I just don't like to use them. And Chris has done a good job at making sure the pages on SHN load quick :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

And Chris has done a good job at making sure the pages on SHN load quick

If I'm perfectly honest, I'm still not satisfied they load fast enough - especially the homepage and the rest of the main site. The forums and the download section are pretty fast though.

Edited by Lord_Chris

Useful Articles

Really? I think the pages load very quick, even compared to some high end websites.

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Well, that's certainly pretty good, but I'm still convinced some pages could be faster.

Still, to keep relevant to the discussion, I'll post this:

People say that Firefox and Chrome are better purely because of the speed - but in fact on my PC I'm convinced that Chrome is the slowest out of all of them and Firefox is only slightly faster.

Internet Explorer definitely loads the fastest for me.

Useful Articles

So last time we spoke I tried to manage spell check in IE to work, but it seems that I didn't need any add on - I only needed to choose English as default language. This way I also have autocorrect which I would have in Microsoft Office as well, it converts "i" to "I", and stuff like that. That could be not so great when I want to write in my native language, but it is great and helpful - I know this thing have never annoyed me, but even if it could, I can always turn in off while I want to write something in Serbian, or I could turn on autocorrect / spell checking in Serbian as well.

I just came back here to spread some more good words about Internet Explorer. :)

Due largely in part to Firefox's extensive catalog of add-ons (or plugins, whichever you prefer) it will likely remain my primary browser for the foreseeable future. Another perk in my book is that it's code is entirely open source.

I agree with Sir David, I love Firefox. IE crashed my system (both lap top and home systems, twice). I have never had a problem with Firefox. :D

Another perk in my book is that it's code is entirely open source.

Interesting. I did not know that. :)

Useful Articles