EaglePrince

Stronghold Crusader Extreme; October 12th

October 12, 2014; 19:00 (GMT +2, Belgrade)

• Game: Stronghold Crusader Extreme
  • Version: non-HD
  • Known participants:

1. @EaglePrince
  2. @Mathew Steel
  3. @Lord Vetka

Global start times:

• 18:00 (6:00 PM) GMT +1 - London, United Kingdom
  • 13:00 (1:00 PM) EST - North America
  • 10:00 (10:00 AM) PDT - Vancouver, Canada
  • 19:00 (7:00 PM) CEST - Belgrade, Serbia

I hope we could plan one Extreme game tomorrow. We could fight against AI lords giving them starting advantage. Also, we could play The Lost Crusade map, or another one as well.

Edited by EaglePrince

I might be able to make that. Put my name down and I'll let you know at least an hour before the game :)

(Also this will be my tenth multiplayer event :D)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

I will be into a game tomorrow, what ever map you want to play is fine by me, I just uploaded my new 3x5 map called "Admindle", 3 players on the East side of the river against 5 AIs could be fun.

The map turned out quite well, our spots are a bit cramped but not bad, there is enough resources for the AI to build all there castles, but in play testing I found it a bit slow, crossing the river seamed to make it a bit hard for the AIs, a good thing for us though, the N spot is for the least experienced player next would the S spot and the main player would be in the middle spot, with an AI close across the river.

What ever map we decide to play I'm looking forward to playing again!

I'm doing a dual boot with one of my friends on Monday, they'll install Vista on my PC as well as my Windows 8, so I should be able to get Crusader installed on that, hopefully I'll get a game soon.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

I won't make Monday, we won't be starting until late afternoon. But I should make the next one (if my OS doesn't break, which is highly unlikely, but still isn't a chance of zero)

Useful Articles

Looks like I'll be able to make it, I look forward to a great game also my tenth :D

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Great, I'm glad to hear that! :)

Also, I have tried the new Vetka's map - it really great! AI lords across the river have more than enough space to build great castles, while we would have somewhat less space, but still - just as much as we need. Vetka did great job with that new map. :)

Thanks a lot Knez, I made that map from your suggestion to play 3x5, glad you like it!

The map you modded is a good map as well, the 3 spots for us is limited but we can still win!

I'm still up for the 10am game, see you there!

Chris at this rate you will have your dual boot done before me, I hope it works out for you, it should be a simple basic install, 7 and 8 should have the same type of start files. With 7 and XP they are different, that's where my trouble come in. I was using "Easy BCD 2.2" to run the dual boot, do you need that to use 7 and 8?

I was using "Easy BCD 2.2" to run the dual boot, do you need that to use 7 and 8?

I've got to be honest, I honestly don't really know, it's my friend who knows all that stuff. I'm much more software oriented than hardware, hence why he's helping me with it.

The main problem I'll have is getting the resource usage right - Windows 8 is a lot bigger than previous operating systems because it's nearly all colours, and they don't compress.

Useful Articles

Are you going to use a partition for each operating system? I have 7 on a 100 gig partition and a 50 gig partition on my new hard drive for XP.

Yeah, I'm using a partition for each. Though 8 will need the most, I'll give Vista just over what it needs, especially if I'm going to be playing Crusader on it (or attempt installing it). Otherwise I'd just use it for backups so it wouldn't need loads of space.

But I do admit with Windows 8 you miss the interface of Windows 7 & Vista, I'm looking forward to getting animated backgrounds again!

In total I have 451 GB on my PC, 287 is used on 8 (but my backup of 77.9 GB is currently transferring over) so I'll probably give Vista 100 GB, maybe more or less depending on what the drivers need.

He's already downloaded the correct drivers for my PC so it shouldn't be too hard. I would rather have 7 but I installed 7 over Vista on my old laptop and I have a spare Vista key, so...

Useful Articles