Lord_Chris

Change in moderation of downloads

Based on a lot of recent submitted maps, we are changing the way they are assessed before being approved. Now somewhat similar to driving tests, the maps will be assessed using majors and minors. Three minors create a major and one major means the map fails. We are hoping by releasing the list of how the maps are assessed, it may help a few more to make the pass mark, they are shown below:

Majors

• Whether the file is related
  • squareness of the map. Example
  • Whether the map works
  • Unfinished/incomplete maps
  • Non-working Win/lose conditions

Minors

• Bugs on certain versions (i.e. backwards incompatibility on SH2)
  • Badly detailed terrain, repetitive terrain or not detailed at all
  • Very hard to get started playing (i.e. bad economy, lack of space or available resources)
  • Any lag present in the game (i.e. from animals)
  • Non-working/half-working invasions
  • Poorly thought out building layouts

The files that get through are the good ones, we find ourselves receiving more and more poor files, and the majority of maps rejected are due to being square. Please do not upload a map that is square - it will be rejected. We really can't make this much clearer - it even states it on the page you choose the download category in bold.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Concept Change....

In the ever advancing quest to ''maintain interest'', I have decided to re-name Our ''Monster and Myths'' Thread to a more ''Nation Friendly'' One. Hence - as of This Date, I am proud to announce ''Merlin's Mansion''. Nothing has changed with regards to the MANY Articles already Posted (only The Name). I will also be migrating Our ''History's Mysteries'' into that Thread as well. Henceforth - ANY thing dealing with ''The Bizarre and Unusual'' can now be found in ''The Mansion''!

in The Town Crier

• Stronghold Warlords Downloads, Maps, Content Etc

I'm delighted to announce that we're now accepting Stronghold Warlords maps, files, mods, missions, saved games etc to our site downloads section. We already have the new options in Warlords available for you to choose from when submitting your file. You can upload your content by going to the following link (you must be logged in before using it) : https://www.stronghold-nation.com/downloads/submit/stronghold-warlords/ You can browse our existing content for Stronghold Warlords at the

in The Town Crier

• Site Downloads Renovation

I'm pleased to announce that after a small (and complex) renovation, the site downloads section is now back online and running as usual. You can now submit your files to us again. Not much has visually changed, however there have been massive changes behind the scenes that have taken many hours to complete. I've essentially rewritten the entire downloads section from the ground up and restructured all of the database tables, which is not easy considering it's live data. One of the major cha

in The Town Crier

• Approving Downloads - Our Regulations

Good day to ye all! I trust you are doing well.   With an increase in uploads being made to SHN Download Central, I thought now would be a good time to set a reminder on what we define as a "good quality map" as this is what will determine the fate of your upload.   "Good Quality" It may be surprising to hear but your map doesn't need to be the most beautiful, with the best storyline, and the most interesting gameplay, for it to pass as a good quality map. This means creators of any experience a

in The Town Crier

• Uploading Patches to downloads section

They have already released patches 1.4 for both Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD. It has been pushed to Steam users, and others can download it from here.   You see, maybe it would be a smart thing to save the 1.3 patches as well. Chris, could we upload these patches to Stronghold Nation? I ask this because it is an exe file? I think this patch should stay available to people because who knows, maybe the new versions are actually less stable than the new ones... While I have to admit tha

in Stronghold 1