#1 2nd Mar 2015 20:27:20

EaglePrince
Knez

Website

Convert siege that map to invasion map?

Hi! I just meant to ask if it is possible to make an invasion map (in which one defends a castle), and after that to convert the map into siege that map, so human player could attack this same castle. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance! Regards. smile

#2 2nd Mar 2015 20:33:58

Nigel
Duke

Re: Convert siege that map to invasion map?

If I remember correctly, in SH1 a savegame can be converted into an editable map.
Not sure if that helps with what you are looking for, but it may be worth trying out something along those lines.

#3 2nd Mar 2015 21:31:08

Crusader1307
High Emperor

I think your right Nigel, but it involves over writing the file name after the save - right? smile

Last edited by Crusader1307 (2nd Mar 2015 22:02:05)

#4 2nd Mar 2015 23:14:28

Isaiah
Spearman

There's the .sav to .map trick

Load a map, save it, rename the file to .map instead of .sav but leave it in the save folder, open SH, and load the map (sav).

A stronghold/Crusader fanatic. Could care less about the sequels though...

Stronghold / Crusader Tactics Discussion - Join and share your knowledge with everyone!
Crusader Extreme Invasion/Free Build Tutorial

#5 3rd Mar 2015 13:33:28

EaglePrince
Knez

Website

Thanks for your help guys, although I fear this doesn't answer what I was wondering... Perhaps I didn't express myself well.

What my brother wants to do is to build his castle, and to script invasions, so he could see how tough his castle is; and after that, he wants to besiege his own castle - he wants to switch the sides. Is that possible?

I also know about this trick with .sav and .map file extensions, but I can't see how that would help me. sad

#6 4th Mar 2015 00:32:28

LordPaultheDubious
Commoner

What my brother wants to do is to build his castle, and to script invasions, so he could see how tough his castle is; and after that, he wants to besiege his own castle - he wants to switch the sides. Is that possible?

Hiya, just spotted this thread - your brother can do exactly this by pressing Alt and , (comma) when in the map editor screen,, this will take you to a screen (pictured in attachment) where you can change the map type to siege, economic etc. and resize it, should you wish - don't forget to save it under a new name though, so the original invasion map isn't lost. (This also works in SHC)

Last edited by LordPaultheDubious (4th Mar 2015 00:43:33)

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

#7 5th Mar 2015 02:12:49

Isaiah
Spearman

Whilst what you say for the most part is true, you forgot one vital thing: Stronghold does NOT let you convert invasion maps to siege, economic, or freebuild IF there are invasions that are scripted.

Therefore, EaglePrince should use the .sav to .map trick, remove all the scripted invasions (and probably win/lose events), then [ALT]+, to change the map type.

Last edited by Lord_Chris (5th Mar 2015 16:53:26)

Reason for edit: Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post

A stronghold/Crusader fanatic. Could care less about the sequels though...

Stronghold / Crusader Tactics Discussion - Join and share your knowledge with everyone!
Crusader Extreme Invasion/Free Build Tutorial

#8 5th Mar 2015 14:46:05

LordPaultheDubious
Commoner

smile Yep, it has been quite a while since I've used the feature myself, so forgot about the scripting issue!

But could he not just save the .map file under a different name, remove the scripting and win/lose, then convert it using Alt + ' ? I'm sure that's how I've done things in the past when I wanted to use a map design for both an invasion and an economic mission.

Anyway, between us all it looks like we've arrived at a solution for EaglePrince's brother, so hopefully... smile

'...But be not afraid of jesters; some are born jesters, some achieve jesters and some have jesters thrust upon them'

#9 5th Mar 2015 17:38:00

EaglePrince
Knez

Website

Now I see I haven't replied here, although I did write down the reply, but I didn't hit the Submit button. smile

Thanks, Lord Dubious, that's exactly what he needed! Also, it may be possible that this thing with scripting could make a problem, and that I wouldn't realize what's the source of it; so thanks for that too, guys. Thank you Isaiah as well, that's something I wouldn't expect. I also assume that removing the scripting like Lord Dubious described should work, but either way - it is possible, and it's not complicated.

Thanks for your help, guys! smile

Also, off topic, I'm glad to see you here - with your avatar, this places reminds me even more on Stronghold Knights, which is a good thing. smile

#10 4th Aug 2016 18:18:08

Monstertomete
Serf

This is actually possible. Just watch the video I made. 

It is in German. If you have a problem with that just let me know. Or you just download the template I made: 
http://www.file-upload.net/download-118 … e.map.html
There you have a cede castle event to get the castle after killing all enemy troops in it.
The time on/off events prevent the time from running, so that you cannot be attacked by enemy forces before even owning the castle.

By the way: The Auto Binks On/Off-Events prevents the game from warning you before an invasion. This is quite useful if you don't want to make a storyline for your map, that does not contain one of the four classic enemies, e.g. the rat.

Last edited by Lord_Chris (5th Aug 2016 09:53:02)

Reason for edit: Linkified link

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty!

#11 4th Aug 2016 19:10:26

Nigel
Duke

Hi Monstertomete,

first of all: wellcome to the Stronghold Nation smile

Can you post a link to the video you made?
I would love to see how this is done.

#12 5th Aug 2016 09:54:00

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

Thanks Monstertomete for the template map you posted to. I've linkified your link, and promoted your account so you should have full privileges now. Welcome! smile

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.
— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles
All Stronghold Legends Trails & Walkthroughs
Adding Units From Stronghold Legends into Stronghold 2
Extracting Audio Assets from Stronghold 3
Locking/Unlocking Stronghold Crusader 2 Maps

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users

Board footer