#1 4th May 2015 08:47:00

Sir DavidSpy
Yeoman

Website

Tutorial perspective request

I'm planning on making more tutorials for Stronghold Kingdoms in the near future, they'll probably just be video tutorials but we'll see how much time I have. Anyways I'd like to get the perspective of players unfamiliar with Stronghold Kingdoms, what mechanic would you like to see an in depth explanation of?

#2 4th May 2015 08:56:38

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

Re: Tutorial perspective request

I'd say something on the research tree would be incredibly useful. While there is documentation on it in the Wiki, there isn't really much on it about what is best to be researched first, or a general overview of all the available items of research in the game and what they do, similar to my overview on the one in CivCity Rome actually.

I myself seem to be doing quite well in research and tend to just use my best judgement at the time I get new points, but I think some of this is probably down to luck and something more would certainly guide people new down the right track.

#3 4th May 2015 10:03:08

Mathew Steel
Earl Marshal

I myself have never played Kingdoms. Chris explained it to me a little in a lobby as we waited to play a match. It appealed to me. So if I needed to find video tutorials, I personally would like to see in-depth videos on more or less each key factor within the game. Not the basic things that most players could pick up, but the things players may not know.

Hopefully this helps somewhat smile

"When people unite under one will, they become stronger than the sum of their parts."

Stronghold Next Giveaway - Competition

#4 5th May 2015 04:26:08

Sir DavidSpy
Yeoman

Website

Appreciate the input, I'll see what I can put together.

#5 28th May 2015 20:05:30

Sir DavidSpy
Yeoman

Website

Wow, it's been almost a month already! Well I've put together a four part series which discusses which researches are rank-appropriate and possible synergies between them. They are all posted to my Stronghold Kingdoms fan site but you are free to link to them here as well.  http://stronghold-kingdoms-strategy.com/research/

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users

Board footer