EaglePrince

Intel HD graphics?

Hi, my girlfriend wants to buy a new laptop, and now I'm trying to help her with the choice... Unfortunately I shall need your help. :D

In graphics it only says Intel HD graphics, and I assume this is something like integrated graphics - only this is into into motherboard but into CPU if I am correct. This is the processor this laptop has. Can you tell how good this graphics is? Maybe give me some comparison to some "normal" GPU? :)

Thanks in advance. :)

As long as the laptop isn't going to be doing any intensive work and only used for general use (i.e. Microsoft Word or searching the Internet etc) the graphics card is fine. Intel graphics are just basic graphic cards allowing picture to be displayed, they aren't anything special. Most laptops tend to come with a discrete GPU if they cost over ?400 (about 67117 Serbian Dinar).

The processor itself is a decent speed for a Celeron, which tend to be quite slow. Again, if for general use, those specifications should work a treat :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

This would be for her father in fact... He wouldn't play any games, that for sure :) , but he would use it to browse internet and to watch movies etc... I did assume that... But do you think he wouldn't have any problems with playing movies and browsing internet and watching videos on youtube? :D I guess that no PC one buys today would have any problems playing videos and movies, but I'm just asking - just in case. :)

Thanks for your help. :)

I shouldn't think so, the processor is quick enough for sure and the graphics card supports a 1080p video setting. Shouldn't have any problems :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Modern integrated graphics should be sufficient for general purpose computer usage such as web browsing, watching videos, and maybe some light games. Celeron is pretty much the bottom of the bin when it comes to Intel processors though, shouldn't matter much for your listed use case though.