#1 5th Aug 2015 18:37:26

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

Stronghold Kingdoms coming to iOS!

Firefly has just today announced that Stronghold Kingdoms, our favourite MMO is coming to iOS! As an iOS user myself, I can say this is outstandingly good news!

We are proud to announce that Stronghold Kingdoms is coming to iOS. The Kingdoms App will be nothing less than the full game in playable form, with a customised interface and of course cross platform play with the millions of existing Kingdoms players.

That’s not all! Watch our Gamescom reveal trailer to find out what the future holds for Stronghold on both mobile and PC:

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aw66eqiBkI

Stronghold Kingdoms iOS is being developed to expand Kingdoms’ player base and give existing players more options for when and how they defend their villages, secure resources and plan attacks. The idea here is to secure the future of the game and make clear our plans to continue supporting Kingdoms, with new features and world types coming. ‘Ready when it’s ready’, the new iOS version is being rebuilt specifically for mobile devices.

Currently being shown to press at Gamescom 2015, Kingdoms on iOS will introduce the game’s brand of hardcore strategy to a new audience. As an MMO we know how important an active, growing player base is to the Kingdoms community and the future of the game itself. As such our intention is to develop a bespoke version of this important game, with a user interface that has been redesigned completely for touch while still retaining all key functionality players are used to from the PC version. When it comes to strategy Stronghold Kingdoms iOS will be one of a kind on the App Store.

We can’t wait to share more about this new version of Kingdoms. Please look out for screenshots, dev diaries and more closer to the release on iPad and iPhone.

#2 6th Aug 2015 09:37:33

Mathew Steel
Earl Marshal

Re: Stronghold Kingdoms coming to iOS!

I've always wanted to try Stronghold Kingdoms since I learned about how it works. I feel it fits well for iOS and so I'll be sure to start it on my phone. Looking forward to it smile

"When people unite under one will, they become stronger than the sum of their parts."

Stronghold Next Giveaway - Competition

#3 6th Aug 2015 11:47:12

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

I'm on the server Europe 1, if you want I'll send you a map where I am over the PM, and I can help you smile

#4 6th Aug 2015 12:15:55

Mathew Steel
Earl Marshal

Sounds good, any idea when it'll be released?

"When people unite under one will, they become stronger than the sum of their parts."

#5 6th Aug 2015 13:02:09

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

I'm guessing about a month. Kingdoms was announced on Mac about a month before they released it, so maybe something similar.

#6 7th Aug 2015 18:28:06

Sir DavidSpy
Yeoman

Website

It was strange that my 5s arrived on the same day Firefly announced this. I personally prefer Android but all the flagships are too big for my pockets so I ended up getting the previous gen iPhone 5s.

#7 8th Aug 2015 12:39:12

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

You'll certainly not be short of apps on there now then wink

I used to have an Android phone and I think Android has a lot of good features, but after using iOS personally I think the interface is better.

#8 8th Aug 2015 13:15:42

Mathew Steel
Earl Marshal

using iOS personally I think the interface is better.

I can second this. Never been a fan of the android OS, it's not so much complicated, it's more the fact that everything is in strange places. Of course, that's just preference smile

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users

Board footer