Mathew Steel

Personal Experience With Scan.co.uk

As a few of you may know I've had an issue with my power supply I ordered from Scan.co.uk. The item was faulty and would fail at random times during use. As you would, I sent it back for a replacement. Before this, they test it themselves. After the first test they claimed the item powered 3 test benches without fail, was within correct voltage levels etc. I was shocked and asked for it to be retested. It took 2 weeks for them to finally get around to doing it, AFTER, I had to remind them.?

I received an email saying it had been sent to a senior tester for further testing. About 3 hours later, a new email that the item was found faulty and fails under load.?

This made me wonder. Was it even tested in the first place? If it took hardly anything for it to fail after being tested by a "senior" tester, how come a "normal" tester, couldn't find any issue whatsoever? Now, of course, I am very happy that I'm getting a replacement now. However, the time and effort and frankly, the way I was spoken to as a customer, was ridiculous.?

This post isn't to try and push you away from Scan as a computer hardware choice. I have ordered from them before and had no trouble. However, I feel that it's something that needed to be brought to attention, as I know a lot of the members on the forums will consider Scan as an option :)?

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Me and my mate has no issues with scan so far and I have ordered off them for a few years now maybe you just got unlucky but fairly noted my mate had an issue with his GPU fan before but he solved it without any issues

Me and my mate has no issues with scan so far and I have ordered off them for a few years now maybe you just got unlucky but fairly noted my mate had an issue with his GPU fan before but he solved it without any issues

Like I said, in no way is this an overall review of scan. This is simply my experience and no doubt the majority of times customer service is great. I personally didn't have a good one as when I first phoned I was spoken to rudely. However, after contacting again I was spoken to far better, how I'd expect a customer to be treated. I'm not put off from ordering from them, I just thought it would be beneficial to share this experience :)

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."