Slasher_101

Duplicate Engineers Trick

I'm making a speedrun of Stronghold and Crusader and I saw this video that shows lots of tricks I never knew about.

The trick I'm interested in is to duplicate engineers with a ram, the trick is at 2:36 in this video.

Does anyone know how to do this?? Ive done it with seige towers, that's pretty easy but I can't do the ram one

Edited by Lord_Chris
Linkified link

Looks like it's some kind of a mod to me (see the link in the video description). The website doesn't appear to be live though, so I'm not sure how you will manage this since you can't download the files. I second @EaglePrince though - it looks like it's some kind of exploit.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Its an exploit that I'm trying to reproduce, I'll tell you that its really easy to do with seige towers, like this:

1. Give an active seige tower a number (0-9)

2. Send the seige tower to attack a wall

3. When it reaches the wall and the engineers come out, tell them to build or man some other seige equipment

4. Press the number to get the seige tower

5. Tell it to attack another part of the wall

6. It will do it even though it has no engineers, and when it reaches the wall 4 new engineers will come out

I really want to know how he does this one with the ram though, because it would help my speedrun, anything to save time. I came up with such a ridiculous strat last night.... You can use ten tunnelers in a row to dig in one line, and when the soil rises it goes so high that I used it as a staircase to get ontop of a cliff.

Screenshot:

gRgdoDZ.jpg

Edited by Slasher_101

Its an exploit that I'm trying to reproduce, I'll tell you that its really easy to do with seige towers, like this:

1. Give an active seige tower a number (0-9)

2. Send the seige tower to attack a wall

3. When it reaches the wall and the engineers come out, tell them to build or man some other seige equipment

4. Press the number to get the seige tower

5. Tell it to attack another part of the wall

6. It will do it even though it has no engineers, and when it reaches the wall 4 new engineers will come out

In Stronghold V1.41 this trick works only partially. You can command a deployed siege tower to move along the wall (but it cannot be selected with the mouse, so you'll have to assign it a number first), but no additional engineers come out, and sometimes the tower will refuse to move.

On the contrary, sometimes the number of engineers that come out from a siege machine is less than needed to man that machine. I'd call that a "missing engineer trick".

It seems to be related to the difficulty level. For example, when I order the crew to abandon the ram in the campaign mission 15, I get 4 engineers on Normal level, 3 on Hard and just 2 on Very Hard. When I abandon a portable shield, sometimes I get an unmanned shield and no engineers at all!

Edited by odisseus

WBVT45O.png