Nigel

FireFly tournament : Crush the Champion

Just to let you know that FireFly is organizing a new tournament: Crush the Champion

http://www.strongholdcrusader2.com/?cat=1

It is going to be with 1v2 battles and they have chosen four veteran players to go up against four teams of 2.

That may seem unfair, but the players they have chosen to play solo are really good. I have seen some of them in action and I would trust them to beat a team of 2 in this game.

Also, what I like is, that this time it is not an elimination tournament, but instead the players score points. And the Champions can get points even if they loose their battle, but hold out well. So it could be really interesting.

Unfortunately, I cannot take part or watch it live, as it is happening during a weekend. But I hope they are putting a YouTube video up.

Edited by Nigel

This sounds really interesting. Regarding watching the fight, on the other hand if they do make a recording of it, it might be even more comfortable to watch the video then watching a stream. :) If they do upload a match, I may watch it, and see how other players play the game. :)

This tournament was played last weekend.

Lo and behold, it was one of the lone champions - Skur - who carried the day and won it.

I was not able to watch it live, but going by the final scores there must have been some really interesing fights.

1v2 sound unfair? But some champions out there are amazingly good. And the maps were chosen to give the solo player a reasonable chance with a slight resource advantage and a V shape position (i.e. avoiding a sandwich situation).

But the players in the teams were no beginners either. Skur was able to win 3 out of 4 matches against the 2-opponent teams and he was actually also the only one, to defeat the teams. Going by the scores, Igi_tanas must have managed to at least kill one opponent and survive another match until the time was up.

en1.jpg

Sergiu is going to put the matches up on YouTube. The first one can be seen already. Others will follow over the coming days.

en1.thumb.jpg.f6c79c50bbc13913b6f7cd071822797b.jpg

Edited by Nigel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Firefly Studios Discord - Chance to win access to Warlords Alpha!

Greetings, all!   Getting started... Firefly has an official Discord with an ongoing metagame designed to allow all?members of the winning team alpha access to Stronghold: Warlords. To participate, first download and create your account with Discord. You can find a link to that here -?https://discordapp.com/   Next, join the Official Stronghold discord via this invite (this will automatically launch the Discord app for you) -?https://discord.gg/k5452MZ   Now, join one of the three teams. To do s

in Stronghold Warlords

• FireFly Discord

Just a small notice to let you guys know that you can contact the devs and keep up with game progress almost instantly via the Firefly Official Discord. A link to which can be found here -?https://discord.gg/rEjr7JF?

in The Town Crier

• Firefly Studios YouTube channel

Hey, guys. As you have noticed, Firefly has been a little more active on YouTube these days, so I decided to make this thread, as some of the videos are not related to any of their games in particular.   So here we go with the newest one.   FIREFLY STUDIOS COMMUNITY Q&A   Too bad they didn't decide to answer these questions from YouTube comments, but they were only replying to some questions from Facebook. But they do answer some of our questions in the comments, that's something as well. :)

in The Open Castle Inn

• Try to appeal to Firefly to give us AI in multiplayer?

Hi, what do you think about this idea? This is something almost all of us would want us to have! Stronghold 2 is the best game when we want to enjoy running our castles, and for that reason many of those who choose Stronghold 2 over Stronghold Crusader may not like competitive multiplayer games. Because of that when many of us, when they are about to play Stronghold 2 with their friends, want to play together against AI lords instead of playing against each other.   Even if those AI lords would

in Stronghold 2

• Firefly still work on Stronghold Crusader 2? Related to Stronghold 2

Hi. Can you tell does Firefly still work on Stronghold Crusader 2? I haven't played it recently, so that's why I ask. It's not that I have some issues with the game and now I come here crying "what the hell", or something like that. :) I just wanted to know if they still work on this one, or if they have moved on on other projects? It's been a while since the latest DLC was released, since November 2015, so that's one reason why I asked myself this. Another reason why I ask this is that I was th

in Stronghold Crusader 2