Aubrey de Vere

Ruined Bridge over river disappears when monks finish re-building it.

Hello,

On a map I am making I have included a ruined bridge as part of a neutral estate that monks rebuild whilst the player builds up his Honour to 100. Unfortunately, when the monks finish, the bridge disappears - monks can still be seen bringing stone to it, but they also disappear when they arrive at the building site. Does anybody have any advice to help stop the monks from performing this impressive magic trick??

Thank you!

Been a while since I've replied to these type of posts!

For a site such as a bridge to work, it must be built on level ground, where either sides of the bridge are flat and even. There must be enough width for the bridge to fit correctly, and the bridge must not be too long. If the bridge is disappearing, one or more of these factors aren't in place.

OR

There are for whatever reason, limits to how many buildings are built by the AI at one time. If you have multiple destroyed structures that are AI repaired, chances are the bridge is further down the queue.

OR (Again)

I have noticed that all the maps I've played have had 1 building site per estate. Try tiling that bridge in a specific area, and then try again. One site per estate seems to make things run smoothly.

OR (Last one, I promise)

The tiles below the bridge are corrupted/old version tiles. You should be able to flatten the terrain, remove the territory, then redo the terrain height and territory mapping once more.?

If the problem persists after these options, I'll do some experimenting of my own! It's been too long :)?

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Thank you for your reply! Your advice helped a lot and the bridge now functions as it should. Thank you!

Edited by Aubrey de Vere

Hate to double post! But I've just noticed that?

a. You're new here

&

b. You're also from Wales

A very warm welcome to you! :)?

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."