Freedom

Configuration/settings file

I know it is still early in some countries, so good morning/afternoon/evening! I've tried browsing Internet for any information on how to edit (if possibel at all) some SH 2 files so as to adjust some economy buildings to produce more. (Sorry, if there is already an answer somewhere on the forum)

For example, I personnaly don't like it when a candle worker only makes a couple candles at a time, which is so little!(Often there is not enough space on the map to provide optimal production to maintain 80 people). The same concerns apple farms and brewery. Is it actually feasible to alter such configuraiton/settings files? And what files exactly are those? And I don't know which program is designed to open them as I'm not sure what files/file extensions are used.

There can be some other files to edit or adjust that I haven't considered altering yet.

Many thanks to everyone for assistance:)

Edited by Freedom

Hi. I don't know answers to your questions, but I am surprised that you cannot produce enough candles, etc.

When you build candlers workshops don't forget to build some bee hives close to them as well. And perhaps you may want to observe if those workers are just sitting around from time to time, as that would mean they could be more productive if you built them more bee hives next to their workshops.

Also, I have to outline that the idea of Stronghold 2 is for you to actually depend of your villages. When I am on my peek during a Stronghold 2 game I have far less economy in my castle, and more weapon producing workshops, church, jousting ground, traveling fair, monuments, inn, etc., while I get most of raw materials, food, fancy food, and other stuff such as ale, candles, etc. from my villages.

Just don't forget that you can build in your villages whatever you want to boost your little empires production. And definitely don't forget that you can build as much carter posts as you need, and order them to send to your castle what you need.

And one tip. At some point of game you may want to shut down your woodcutters in your villages, i.e. to put them to "Zzz", because wood is fairly cheap, and you don't need many of your carters to spend their valuable time sending these resources to your castle.

I hope this was helpful. If you may want, we could try to play an online game once in a while. That way you could see how others manage their economies. :)

True but I like having a large castle and premises if a map permits. I play with 40 - 80 men strong population which makes it difficult to maintain a sustainable candle/ale stock. That's why I need at least 4 candles produced at a time rather than 2 by default. Before a candle worker is back to bee hives these will all have enough wax to pick up. So, two candle workshops per 5 beehives is just enough. Although, having a large populaiton is advantageous since you can collect 100 gold coins (and can simpy purchase candles and ale) every 20-24 s! As the church and the inn greatly increase popularity (if set to 8, double ration) it makes sense to support 80 peasants. In this case, candle workshops and breweries are vital. With a smaller population this wouldn't be a problem but then I wouldn't, for example, enjoy hiring monks - cheap and not the weakest.

I agree that on maps with neutral estates candle stock is easily replenished and what if you have nothing but your own castle, there are a few maps like that.?

So, I would like to know what population size you play with. By the way, if you have a contact in skype I would enjoy watching you play some skirmishes against ?bots. Mine is youaresshittingme - a unique one,isn't it:)? Just didn't want it to be someone's clone

I need to install v.1.4.1 to play a multiplayer if I get round to it (mine is 1.4). I've never played SH 2 in a multiplayer, do I need to log in somewhere else?

?

I don't believe this is possible, unfortunately. Most of the information like this is hidden away somewhere, where we can't find.

I usually buy an entire estate exclusively for the purpose of candle production and get them persistently shipped in to me as quickly as I need in order to avoid this problem.

In regards to 1.4.1, you can find the download patch here: https://www.stronghold-nation.com/downloads/file/12-patch-141-update/

Once installed, you need to download GameRanger in order to play online now, as unfortunately GameSpy no longer works.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Thank you, this is really valuable informaiton for me. ?I need somehow adapt to play on a map with no estates, though buying an estate makes the gameplay more interesting and easier.

Recently I have started wandering if there are cooperative skirmishes played regularly against AI. I'm not yet good enough to play against real players. It would be exciting simply to exchange resources and attack AI castles jointly or assist one another in procuring foodstuffs, especially survive along with allies on invasion maps (involving economy scenarios) which are my favourite scenarios (Sorry if this informaiton is already available).

Edited by Freedom

These things are possible, but it requires a very specific setup and can't be done with official scripted events, to my knowledge.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles