EaglePrince

Firefly Studios YouTube channel

Hey, guys. As you have noticed, Firefly has been a little more active on YouTube these days, so I decided to make this thread, as some of the videos are not related to any of their games in particular.

So here we go with the newest one.

FIREFLY STUDIOS COMMUNITY Q&A

Too bad they didn't decide to answer these questions from YouTube comments, but they were only replying to some questions from Facebook. But they do answer some of our questions in the comments, that's something as well. :)

In one of replies at YouTube I suggested them to update their AI castles with the ones made by Doomsword, and to update the two Williams castles with the two castles of mine. These changes would make the game a lot more fun!

Thanks for sharing this link, EaglePrince.

Good to see they are maintaining a YouTube channel now. Will be interesting to see what they broadcast in the future.

Also, this leads us again to their YouTube video on

As we were talking about the game engine, there are two mentions of this at 4:15 and at 5:55, where they say that they made the SH2 engine themselves.

That is what I find really interesting. If they made (and therefor own) the engine, then I find it hard to understand why they are not making any improvements to the game itself. I mean, all the new stuff for the Steam edition is related to the Steam integration. But there would be a few rather small changes in the SH2 engine, which would mean a huge improvement to gameplay. Just to name 3 that come to mind right away: AI in multiplayer games, saving multiplayer games, auto-by/sell at the market.

All of those have been added to SH Legends.

Edited by Nigel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Problem When Posting Youtube Link

Hi, I just wanted to point that, when I try to post a message with a YouTube link, I get the following message. Now, this message does not appear when I put the youtube link in the URL BB tag, it appears only when I just copy/paste the link. That's when the forum tries to embed the video into the post. I try posting the link in this topic. Not much of a problem, it's not important for me to embed the video into a post, I don't care about that at all. But still, I think it's important

in Site Questions and Support

• Firefly Studios Discord - Chance to win access to Warlords Alpha!

Greetings, all!   Getting started... Firefly has an official Discord with an ongoing metagame designed to allow all?members of the winning team alpha access to Stronghold: Warlords. To participate, first download and create your account with Discord. You can find a link to that here -?https://discordapp.com/   Next, join the Official Stronghold discord via this invite (this will automatically launch the Discord app for you) -?https://discord.gg/k5452MZ   Now, join one of the three teams. To do s

in Stronghold Warlords

• FireFly Discord

Just a small notice to let you guys know that you can contact the devs and keep up with game progress almost instantly via the Firefly Official Discord. A link to which can be found here -?https://discord.gg/rEjr7JF?

in The Town Crier

• YouTube Names?

I've seen a few threads of people talking about wanting to record matches and so on. I'm interested in seeing some of these videos being someone who uses and sometimes uploads to YouTube myself, so feel free to post your names in replies.?     Also, if any of you are curious, my username is TomOnPCin180p (inside joke :D) however my videos sort of show me in a different more silly light :P

in The Open Castle Inn

• Try to appeal to Firefly to give us AI in multiplayer?

Hi, what do you think about this idea? This is something almost all of us would want us to have! Stronghold 2 is the best game when we want to enjoy running our castles, and for that reason many of those who choose Stronghold 2 over Stronghold Crusader may not like competitive multiplayer games. Because of that when many of us, when they are about to play Stronghold 2 with their friends, want to play together against AI lords instead of playing against each other.   Even if those AI lords would

in Stronghold 2