NEIN

Stronghold 1 HD (GOG AND STEAM Issues)

Specs: Win7 pro 64bit , i5-6500 CPU, GTX 960 Graphics, 16gb Ram - Fresh installation , all drivers up to date.

GOG Version issue: I launch game and screen flickers like 5-10 times and the game will sometimes load , but often it will just be a black screen and I'll have to power off PC . I've tried multiple compatibility modes , Desktop is 1920x1080 , I set resolution ingame to 1920x1080.?

Steam Version issue: Game launches fine , game runs perfect 120+ FPS steadily . issue is my game will suddenly jump from 120FPS to 15fps instantly after like 10-15 minutes of playing . when this happens I save, quit , launch game and load my save, and it runs fine again for about the same time 10-15 minutes then jumps to 15fps again..?

if anyone knows actual fixes let me know thanks

Welcome to Stronghold Nation!

Try with the 1024x768 resolution. Even after the HD version was released, this resolution has been working the best for me. Smoothly, and without any issues.

It is impossible that Stronghold 1 works on 120 FPS. FPS in Stronghold 1 is always equal to the game speed, so when it is 40 (which is default), FPS is 40 as well. If you want FPS to be 60, game speed has to be 60 too, and game speed 90 is the maximum game speed.

Regarding the GOG version. Try setting 1024x768 resolution in the game, and when you start the game make sure no other windows have been opened.

Also, if you have two versions of the game installed on your PC, try uninstalling one of them, and reinstalling the other. Also, prior to reinstall move the Stronghold.cfg file elsewhere, you might want to have a new .cfg file, but don't delete it, back it up. If one of them is version 1.3 or lower, and the other 1.4 (which is the case with Steam version for sure), they you will certainly have issues. The 1.4 version changes the Stronghold.cfg file in a way that it makes it unusable by older versions.

Edited by EaglePrince

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• Introducing: the Stronghold Legends Ai Editor!

Hello everyone! For some time now, @ Asophix has been working on refining and advancing the Stronghold Knights AI Castle Editor program, originally created to work with Stronghold 2. His intention is to create a program where the community can edit and create their own AI Castle Designs in Stronghold Legends. This is a truly historic moment and for the first time, you can now control aspects of Stronghold Legends which were previously never possible. The work far exceeds the orig

in The Town Crier

• Stronghold Legends Feast Production: Eat the Eelies to Fix Your Feelies

Hey everyone - Lord Tanthos here - an old-time Legends fanatic! Having recently explored the differences between granary food, I decided to examine royal food next.   Background. The castle kitchen stores royal food: eels, pigs, wine, and vegetables. Each month, your lord may feast upon the following in exchange for honor:   Half Feast: 1/month = 5 honor Normal Feast: 2/month = 8 honor Extra Feast: 4/month = 12 honor Double Feast: 8/mon

in Stronghold Legends

• Stronghold: Legends Food Production - When Cheese Is Op

Hey everyone - Lord Tanthos here - an old-time Legends fanatic! Being curious about the differences, I decided to examine the output of SHL farms (for granary food). I set up a an empty granary and placed 2 apple, dairy, and chicken farms adjacent to it. I then set rations to None and waited 10 minutes. (2 years, 6 months in game time) I noted the following. First, delivery sizes: Chicken Farmer: 6 meat Apple Farmer: 7 apples Dairy Farmer: 6 cheese After 10 minutes, I checked

in Stronghold Legends

• Stronghold Definitive Edition: Community Challenge

Greetings Ladies and Lords,   I am happy to announce that I am starting a Community Challenge on the Official FireFly Discord. 🏰 The Freebuild Multiplayer Challenge 🏰  - You build a castle in Freebuild and add some troops as garrison force. - I will convert it to a multiplayer map and add some troops as attacking force - We meet online and see if your castle can hold the attack. You can choose the difficulty of the attack from 120% to 300%, or anything in between.

in Stronghold 1

• Makev Issues, and Packing Fsb Files up Again.

I have been playing around the idea of modding this game [and Warlords and in future perhaps SH3 to some degree] however i am having issue with MakeV. I convert the assets file, then extract it, make my changes, zip it up, and then run it trough MakeV again, however this results in the game crashing. Ive then figured out that i don't have to replace Assets.v constnatly and that i can have a new .v file that has only things i need. [i list this file in config.xlm and put it above the other .

in Stronghold Crusader 2