#1 30th Dec 2017 18:41:18

taker1
Serf

game become Slow in Highest graphic level

Hello friends.
I've read the system requirements for Stronghold 2.
I have a 1gb ram and 512mb graphic card but when I start the game in highest graphic level,it become really slow.
what should i do?

#2 2nd Jan 2018 13:32:51

kian
Commoner

Re: game become Slow in Highest graphic level

Hi,
Can you be more specific about your hardware?

#3 2nd Jan 2018 13:50:57

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

Hi taker1, welcome to StrongholdNation!

Does this happen on any other graphics level? It sounds to me like it could be that you're trying to run the game on a graphics level which is too high for your PC which is causing performance issues. It may be possible to play around with your graphics settings to fix this but it's not guaranteed. As kian suggests, can you post some more detail on your PC specifications for us?

#4 2nd Jan 2018 15:48:06

EaglePrince
Knez

Website

I'll just jump in to say that we were discussing this same topic over here at Stronghold Heaven as well.

Long story short, it is Stronghold 2 Steam Edition, meaning that it has wide screen resolutions as well. From experience with my older PC (which is somewhat more powerful than his PC) I suspect that changing resolution to 1024x768, and keeping medium or high graphic settings would work pretty fine on his machine.

Last edited by EaglePrince (2nd Jan 2018 15:48:36)

#5 3rd Jan 2018 00:38:05

Mathew Steel
Earl Marshal

I've read the system requirements for Stronghold 2.

Welcome, Taker. Please understand system requirements do not mean you will be able to smoothly run the game at its highest settings. If a system is under the requirements, it is unlikely to run the game well at any graphical settings. At higher resolutions, 1GB of VRAM can be eaten up very quickly, and as most GPUs start at 2GB today, it's likely your hardware is simply too outdated to run the game at max settings.

As mentioned above, if you can give us your system specifications, this will help immensely! smile

I don't always write something clever as my signature, but when I do...wait...what was I saying?

#6 3rd Jan 2018 17:26:02

EaglePrince
Knez

Website

But still, this is a game from 2004, so 1GB RAM shouldn't actually be a problem... Unless playing in 1920x1080 resolutions changes things drastically. Maybe it does. When it comes to RAM, I feel like if 1GB of RAM is not enough for this game today, it is not because of the game, but because of the OS, antivirus, and many more programs and services ran on the particular PC.

As for GPU's, mine has 512MB on my older PC, but I bought it as used, and I think it was a decent gaming GPU at the time it was released. But to be fair, I don't know what would make it better than some budget GPU of 512 from few years ago. I don't know much about these specs.

#7 5th Jan 2018 00:41:29

Mathew Steel
Earl Marshal

Unless playing in 1920x1080 resolutions

This was my point! smile

Also, the highest settings have better smoke and shadow quality, along with better water reflections and arrow trails. These aren't really dependant on VRAM, but a 1GB card is unlikely very powerful in other ways. This is likely the cause.

I don't always write something clever as my signature, but when I do...wait...what was I saying?

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users

Board footer