blackperils

how to access source code for stronghold crusader and their mods

I am a great fan of the stronghold series and programmer with knowledge in c c++ and java.i would like to make mods of my own for stronghold and also would like to contribute to the already existing mods in any way possible But i don't know how/where to access the source codes for stronghold,stronghold crusader,stronghold europe mod and stronghold medival mod.I learnt from eagleprince that contacting the admins here like lordchris cybercorpse would solve my problem.so i am posting it here.thank you.

Edited by blackperils

Hi @blackperils, welcome to StrongholdNation!

A lot of the code in the earlier games is compiled and thus unfortunately cannot be reversed back into a readable state again. However, that's not to say you can't still modify things. Is there anything specific you'd like to modify? It's certainly quite plausible still that you can modify things, it just depends on exactly what you'd like to modify and how.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Hi Lord_chris thanks for the reply.

If all the code are compiled then how is it possible to make mods like Europe mod GMB mod etc where obviously some source code editing is seen to be done because of which effects like snowfall new units are added. My primary MOTIVE is also to add new units and add some new effects like rain to either already existing mods or make my own mod etc. Please tell me how to do it. (How to get to the source code level).Thank you.

The reason that is possible is because the game .exe file is illegally modified by people. As you will understand, this is highly questionable at best, against the site rules and unless you have written permission from Firefly to do so, we will be unable to assist you in doing so. As such, I therefore ask you do not persist in bringing this topic up, and as usual if you have any questions on the site rules feel free to shoot myself or another team member a PM.

In terms of what you?re asking in this question, I?m afraid right now I?m not able to provide you an answer because I don?t have my laptop, so can?t access the game files. Perhaps another team member can help you in the meantime.

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Thanks Lord_chris for clarifying that it's the exe file that gets modified and not the actual source code. All this time I thought these modders had some special access to the actual source code of the game.

Now can you tell me which member of this site to contact (if not you) so that they can help me in adding new units to the game.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I?m currently away on holiday (vacation) and so I don?t have access to my PC. However, there are a handful of modders in our community who may be able to guide you in the right direction. If not, I?ll do my best to assist you when I?m back home! Welcome to the site, blackperils!

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."