#1 20th Apr 2018 19:51:23

Ascertes
Serf

Aggressive Outlaws and Bugged Troops

Hey everyone, I have a bit of a problem here. So, I'm working on a war custom map and used the SH2-to-S2m file trick to place some ruins and give myself some additional outlaw units to place across the map.

Everything was going fine, until the outlaws I placed a started gradually migrating towards my castle and attacking my buildings. 

To compound this, many times my troops won't take any command orders; I order them to attack a unit, and they just stand there. Other times, they will move of their own accord when I haven't told them to do anything. It's almost as if there's an AI overriding my commands.

I did do the file trick a little late...most of the estates and castles were already set up so I wonder if this was the cause of the issue. Is there something I can do to fix this without going back and undoing everything I've done thus far?

"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

#2 21st Apr 2018 10:53:03

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

Re: Aggressive Outlaws and Bugged Troops

I did do the file trick a little late...most of the estates and castles were already set up so I wonder if this was the cause of the issue.

Yes, unfortunately this is the issue. I'm not sure whether it was our tutorial which you used to create your ruins, but it does touch slightly on that issue. I perhaps should edit it, and add in a more specific note not to allow estates to be formed. Unfortunately there's no remedy for this that I have found, other than entirely starting from scratch or reverting to an earlier version of the map. I'm sorry.

#3 21st Apr 2018 15:38:45

Ascertes
Serf

Lord_Chris said:

Yes, unfortunately this is the issue. I'm not sure whether it was our tutorial which you used to create your ruins, but it does touch slightly on that issue. I perhaps should edit it, and add in a more specific note not to allow estates to be formed. Unfortunately there's no remedy for this that I have found, other than entirely starting from scratch or reverting to an earlier version of the map. I'm sorry.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Yeah, that was the tutorial I was using. In theory, could I delete all of the estates and castles then create those 2 small castle estates as shown in your tutorial then do my ruins? This way I wouldn't have to start the entire map over from scratch and simultaneously keep the estate borders roughly where they are.

"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

#4 21st Apr 2018 17:40:07

Lord_Chris
Lord Commander

Website

In theory, could I delete all of the estates and castles then create those 2 small castle estates as shown in your tutorial then do my ruins?

As long as there are no estate buildings such as a Keep or estate marker, or there's enough space for those buildings to be placed into an estate, or any production buildings (e.g. an outlaw camp which will spew out Outlaws) that are placed before you play the game to create the ruins, then yes, it should work.

But it does pose a problem the more that you add as in buildings, especially units .etc., before you create the ruins. Like I said in the tutorial, Stronghold 2 doesn't like this trick as much as games earlier in the series does, and it can become unpredictable with buildings that are placed then go through this process. I haven't seen your map so I'm not aware of what you have placed, but if you feel that strongly that buildings/units need to be placed in certain locations, why not try marking their boundaries out in a different shade of terrain colour? Once you've gone through the whole process you can change the terrain colour again back to normal, and then place your units/buildings.

Terrain is ok, but I honestly would recommend you keep everything placed to an absolute minimal, only to what you need, because it can seriously cause instability and unpredictability if things are left. I've even opened maps where in the editor, the Keeps were placed and Peasants .etc. were spawning in the editor, as an example of how messed up things can get.

Users in this topic: 0 guests, 0 registered users

Board footer