ds2019

Modding-I want to learn how to mod with easy step by step instructions

Hello Chris,

I been trying to learn about alpha, its to hard for me. I want to be able to make evil soldiers, and be able to change my lord clothes to black scale, white scale and shiny scale; and all the units.? I'm using DXTbmp to save,? Paint to mod, I use dds converter, I also use gimp and nothing seems to come through. Please can you show me step by step with pictures on how to fix this problems! I seen you on another forum. Are you the owner, or inventor of stronghold. You have so much information. I will pay if I have to, I just want to know how to mod. I think you are a great guy, to give this information out. I get all my mods from stronghold nation. I want to learn how to customize my front end menu so I can change the way my pictures come in. I'm messing with bik files. Do you know what converter that I can get that will convert videos to bik files. Do you know where I can get granny software, I've been searching and can't find it. I always wanted to mod with stronghold 2 the way I want to, if you can help me; this information can save my life. There is not many people out there like you. I would really really appreciate this. Again, thank you, and I think you are a great guy.?

Chris, did you write this?

Jokes aside, welcome to the forums, friend. Chris is not the creator of Stronghold but is the owner of Stronghold Nation. We?re just a community of Stronghold fans sharing our knowledge and creations.

You won?t need to pay, if I knew more about it, I?d happily help now. Chris will answer soon enough. Hope you get your answer!

Best regards,

Tom

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Hi @ds2019, welcome to StrongholdNation!

It's a pleasure to hear such positive feedback! Thank you so much for continuing to use the site. Lots of questions today so let me try to answer each one as best as I can.

I'm using DXTbmp to save, Paint to mod, I use dds converter, I also use gimp and nothing seems to come through

I noticed this too when I first started out. The DDS converter doesn't really work that well. That's why I use a program called paint.net: link here. Using this program you can directly open & save the DDS files without any need for conversion. This not only saves a lot of edit time but also makes sure the file is a cleaner save. I strongly recommend you use this if trying to modify a DDS file. Just make sure you have a backup file first.

I want to learn how to customize my front end menu so I can change the way my pictures come in. I'm messing with bik files. Do you know what converter that I can get that will convert videos to bik files

If I'm correct, I used Sony Vegs Pro to edit my own front end menu. Unfortunately it's commercial software, but with a bit of searching I'm confident something will come up. You just put in the various video files, combine them, then save it as a bik file. As soon as it's saved, you just replace the bik file with your own.

Do you know where I can get granny software, I've been searching and can't find it.

You can download the Granny Viewer software from our download section here. Hope this helps!

@@Mathew Steel: Shhhhhhh-hhhhhh! How else am I supposed to remain so popular? ;)

The fields have eyes, and the woods have ears.

⁠— Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales: The Knight's Tale

Useful Articles

Lord Chris,

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.:):):):)? You never know who's watching you or listening, and you are a real good guy because of the way you deal with people; you are a real king. I like the tutorials that you did on you youtube; they are so easy. It really helped me out so much that I finally did my first mod last night. I was so happy. Please keep those tutorials coming. I live in the United States and I couldn't get no help from anyone. I tried for many years with no success at all. I went to searching online and ran upon this forum. I know it's? you. Everytime I type up something trying to get the help I needed; you was all over. I ran upon a forum and found you. I wrote the information down and I had my girlfriend to help me get in contact with you. Again, thank you so much.

Matthew,

? I thank you as well for responding to me. I don't know anybody on here, and I noticed that Chris answered a lot of people, but I really do appreciate you responding as well.

Glad you got the request sorted! As always, if you need anything more, don't hesitate to ask. It's why the site exists!

"Gofyn wyf am galon hapus, calon onest, calon l?n."

Thank you for the very kind words :)

We will of course keep going, and I'm pleased to hear you have your problem solved. :)

Useful Articles

Lord Chris,

? ?Can I mod with any image file that I want to use on stronghold 2?

? ? I want to know what to do step by step to make the armor shine through or the black to come through, and I want to be able to save it correctly. When I use the alpha channels nothing seems to happen.

? ??

You can use any image, yes. To make the Armour shine you'd need some kind of metallic effect. It honestly depends on your knowledge of image editing and colours themselves rather than editing itself. My knowledge is rather restricted when it comes to that area so the best advice I can offer is to try to brush up on your painting skills I'm afraid. If there's anything else I can do to help you with the actual game itself, I could probably be of more help there.

We do however have several units skins in our downloads section. You may find those of interest.

You will probably notice that when you try to make a pattern too complicated, it may not be shown at all. Best of luck.

Useful Articles

Great lord_ chris!!!:D good to hear from you guys.the info you gave are interesting and knowlegeble at the least.Every staff member there is changing the world one mod at a time.Now i understand what to focus on and not continuing the same errors.We do however have several units skins in our downloads section.Yes i know,got everybodys.including,doomsward,taufic,kennysloardman,everybodys.:lol::lol::lol::lol:If i have any more problems,I will definitely contact my support team.You guys are awesome. By the way. I am a sous chef,And if you guys are ever in the U.S.A The meals on me....Thanks again,Lord_Chris,Mathew Steel and everybody i didnt mention.

Thank you for the kind words, @ds2019! We hope you have an enjoyable experience both here and playing your games :)

Useful Articles